Giving HOPE, Inc.
Position Description: Executive Director
Reports To: Board of Directors
FLSA Classification: Exempt
BASIC FUNCTIONS: The Executive Director (ED) of Giving HOPE, Inc. is responsible to the organization’s Board of Directors and serves as the primary public and community representative of the organization. Through the visionary leadership and partnership with the board, the Executive Director is responsible for the overall mission delivery of the organization, including the consistent delivery of housing-focused services to our clients ensuring that homelessness is rare, brief and non-recurring. The Executive Director is responsible for the day-to-day operations in accordance with the direction and policies established by the board of directors.
- Collaborates with the board of directors to define and articulate the organization’s vision and to develop strategies for achieving that
- Creates annual operating plans that support strategic direction set by the board of directors and correlate with annual operating budgets.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of Giving HOPE, Inc., assures a smoothly functioning, efficient organization while maintaining its compliance with nonprofit, legal and regulatory
- Ensures compliance with all grant programming and reporting requirements.
- Oversees accurate and timely client data management in the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS).
- Ensures that the organization complies with Denton County Homelessness Leadership Team Coordinated Entry strategies and processes.
- Ensures active and collaborative participation in the Denton County Homeless Coalition.
- Ensures active and collaborative participation in the Texas Balance of State Continuum of Care, the lead agency of the Texas Homeless Network.
- Promotes an inclusive culture that reflects the organization’s values, encourages accountability and high performance, and rewards productivity and cultural competency.
- Ensures organizational transparency between staff and the board of directors as well as the agency and the community.
- Hires, manages, and develops staff within the policies and practices established by the board of directors.
- Supports the development and implementation of fund raising strategies with the board of directors that achieve annual budget requirements.
- Assists the board of directors in the identification, cultivation and evaluation of board member candidates.
- Plays a key role in revenue development, donor cultivation and
- Oversees design, delivery, and quality of programs and services to our clients.
- Serves as the spokesperson for the agency to a variety of audiences and key stakeholders, including, but not limited to the media, public engagements and community
- Represents the agency at City Council meetings, committee meetings, service organizations and at special fund raising events.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required with 7+ years relevant experience in a leadership
- Demonstrated experience managing people and budgets
- Experience developing, implementing and reporting local, state and federal grants.
- Experience in non-profit management is highly Experience in resource development is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills; ability to create and sustain strong working relationships with donors, agency partners, board members and
- Demonstrated success in a leadership role; ability to serve as an articulate and compelling spokesperson for the
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, that inspire action; ability to listen actively and encourage open dialogue. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with various businesses, community, public entities, volunteers, and other key
- Strong initiative, self-motivation, integrity and passion for the mission.
Valid driver’s license is required along with ability to travel within the North Texas area. Candidate must submit to and pass a criminal history background check.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and three professional references to Margaret Dawson at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Giving HOPE, Inc., values diversity and promotes equal employment opportunities by implementing guidelines and practices that ensure employees and applicants are not discriminated against with respect to national origin, race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, people with disabilities, or age.